Oberti Sullivan has a YouTube channel where you can find all of our video podcasts.
General Texas Employment Questions And Issues
Top 10 Texas & Houston Non-Compete Questions
- Question 10. In general, when is a non-compete agreement enforceable?
- Question 9. How long can an employer stop an employee from competing?
- Question 8. Can an employee be restrained from competing w/o a non-compete agreement?
- Question 7. Are non-solicitation/recruitment clauses enforceable in Texas?
- Question 6. What items can an executive take from the workplace upon leaving?
- Question 5. What should an employee with a non-compete tell the employer upon resignation?
- Question 4. What can an employer do if an employee violates a non-compete agreement?
- Question 3. Can an employer enforce an overly-broad non-compete agreement?
- Question 2. What are the effects of choice of law/choice of forum clauses in Texas?
- Question 1. Do I need an attorney to help understand the Texas non-compete process?
Texas And Houston Executive Questions/Issues
Texas Retaliation Issues
Texas Discrimination Issues
- New Supreme Court case to be heard on who is a supervisor in Title VII harassment cases.
- New Seventh Circuit case where the employee threatened violence at the workplace.
Texas & Houston Overtime Questions And Issues
Top 10 Texas & Houston Employment Law Mistakes And How To Avoid Them
An accompanying PowerPoint to these videos is here.
- Bonus Mistake 2 (how to handle references for former employees) (second half of video)
- Bonus Mistake 1 (failing to terminate with compassion) (first half of video)
- Mistake 10 (failing to run termination decisions through outside counsel) (second half of video)
- Mistake 9 (failing to remember the National Labor Relastions Act) (first half of video)
- Mistake 8 (compliance with the FLSA) (second half of video)
- Mistake 7 (remembering and applying the FMLA correctly) (first half of video)
- Mistake 6 (the traps of the ADA) (second half of video)
- Mistake 5 (failing to conduct workplace investigations in writing) (first half of video)
- Mistake 4 (failing to follow company policies) (second half of video)
- Mistake 3 (failing to document employee files) (first half of video)
- Mistake 2 (failing to properly act after an employee injury) (second half of video)
- Mistake 1 (failing to train supervisors on basic employment law issues) (first half of video)